28 Jan Spicy Cream of Veggie VEGAN Soup With 10 Cups of Veggies
Spicy Cream of Veggie VEGAN Soup
With 10 Cups of Veggies!
Here are tips for Vibrancy + Nourishment and find delicious recipes from my friend and collaborator, Christine Dunst Co Founder and CEO of Embody Wellness Company @embodywellnesscompany
We all need nourishment and vibrancy now more than ever. Glowing skin starts from the inside with clean nutrition, de-stressing, optimal sleep and taking care of YOU. Take the time you need for yourself and mak esome of these warming and nourishing treats. Cooking nutrient rich foods is absolutely a form of self-care.
My whole family adores this soup every time I make it using seasonal local veggies from Sport Hill Farm or Westport Farmers Market. So nutrient-rich and nourishing. My favorite part is the “cheesy” taste with the kick of cayenne. If you have a picky veggie eater, try this! Great for daily detoxing too as it’s packed with cruciferous veggies, fiber, vitamins and minerals. This will be your new Winter favorite detoxing soup.
- 2 tbsp EVOO or avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cup of cauliflower
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 cup of chopped delicata squash or butternut squash
- 1 cup sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 4-5 cups of veggie broth (if you want a lighter soup use 6-7 cups of broth and omit the coconut milk)
- 2 cup coconut milk or any nut milk
- 5-6 tbsp of nutritional yeast (adjust depending on your liking)
- 1 tsp of Himalayan Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-3 tsp of cayenne pepper (or add more as it’s so good for you!!), go slow and add on!
- Fresh lemon or white wine vinegar to taste (this is a must!)
- Serve with pumpkin seeds on top or any lean protein of your choice
In a large pot heat oil. Add onion, garlic, salt and sauté for 4 minutes. Add the rest of the veggies and sweet potato and continue to sauté for another 5-7 minutes. Stir frequently. Add broth + nut milk. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes. If you want a lighter less creamy soup, lessen the amount of nut milk. Let cool for a few minutes. Carefully scoop into Vitamix. Add nutritional yeast and cayenne. Blend. If you have a hand-blender, you can keep all in the pot. Add more salt to taste + fresh lemon or white wine vinegar. This step is important and provides brightness to the soup!
I love adding both!
Enjoy with any protein of your choice or have on its own.
ORGANIC BEAUTY BEGINNING WITHIN